OASAP - The
Latest Street Fashion

Sunday, July 29, 2012

CULTure: Little Britain

I'm a huge fan of the UK, so when I found out I was going on a trip there, I was BEYOND ecstatic. As a matter of fact, I went around asking people I knew where they suggested I go for accommodations, tourism, food and drink, and of course: shopping! I was soon disappointed, however, when I kept getting the same old response. "Go to Oxford! They have the best shopping! Stay at any five star hotel as long as it's near Oxford, and that way you can shop more easily. Go to Topshop, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, and Harrods."

Yep. That's exactly what I wanted. More mainstream shopping chains. They might as well have suggested the GAP while they were at it. Because, really. It basically screams culture.

That's when I decided to really look into some more eclectic places to visit, and your not-so-typical places to shop. I was very pleasantly surprised. There were so many cool places to see; I was confused as to why people weren't really looking for more than just your typical stay in London.

So behold. I share with you, my awesome and very unorganized mini-mock-itinerary.

Above, is known as one of the hippest streets in the UK. South Shore Road in Gateshead, home to many British celebs, and boasts some of the finest restaurants.



This is not your average hotel in London. Located in Ledbury Mews North, this is a 5 star apartment which costs 149 British pounds a night (not too different from a 5 star hotel's cost per night.). For us people who've always wanted their own apartment, this is our chance to pretend we have one. (Goody!)

As per shopping, I'm sure you all know the usual hotspots, but the one store that really stood out to me is calle Aime Boutique in Ledbury Road, London. According to timeout.com, " Inside their airy, two-floor shop, you’ll find casual separates by Isabel Marant, APC and Les Prairies de Paris, plus brightly coloured offerings from Antik Batik, nostalgic Repetto ballet flats and romantic silver jewellery by Serge Thoraval, inscribed with lines of French poetry."


2 comments: