OASAP - The
Latest Street Fashion

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I wonder..

So if you've been reading my post on July Favorites lately, you'd know how much I love the Dove Weightless Nutri-Oil hair care range.

I was just pondering to myself as to why my hair goes into a messy, frizzy frenzy whenever I use organic and natural-origin based shampoos (not to mention they make my hair smell like the forest... not good.), however...

My hair seems to cooperate just fine and dandy with (give or take) most drugstore shampoos. 

I know! I'm equally confused. 

Is it just me, or are there others out there with the same, well.. I wouldn't really call it a dilemma. I feel like my hair loves the chemicals hahah... because organics are just too mainstream for it these days.

I feel like, shampoos more or less don't have any impact on hair growth or hair loss, because all they do is clean the scalp (provided you're using the right one for your hair type, of course.) But if you want to go the extra mile and nourish your hair and scalp using natural remedies, you should skip the over-priced lush natural products and actually use the botanicals themselves! For example, instead of using a shampoo infused with raspberry vinegar and egg protein (that doesn't really sound like a good mix LOL), go out and purchase some raspberries and eggs and make a home-made mask instead!
That way, you'd be 100% sure you're giving your hair the complete natural care it needs without any harsh chemicals. Because I highly doubt that products including natural ingredients wouldn't have any chemicals as well. 

When you read the title, you were probably thinking to yourself "wow, this is going to be such a deep meaningful post." 

You were wrong, my friends. This is a hair-based rant I've conjured up because I couldn't get any sleep.

 
 

3 comments:

  1. New follower here! I have to say, when I use drug store shampoos my hair does better than with organic stuff. I never thought about that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?!

      and haha welcome to my world, new follower! :)

      Delete
  2. lol i usually use hot oil from coconut extract (my grandmother's secret) to beautiful , shiny hair =) i also love using mineral oil once a week.. i think it really depends on one's hair types =)

    ReplyDelete