OASAP - The
Latest Street Fashion

Sunday, September 9, 2012

My trip to Cover FX

My friend Sahar at Cover FX Make-up asked me to come over and try out some of their stuff at their booth in Harvey Nichols. I was pretty excited, because I got tired of using my MAC Studio Tech and was ready for a change in my foundation routine.



Me, all made up with complete coverage by the lovely Cover FX team at Harvey Nichols!
So, most of you are probably wondering "what's in the two bags?" Since I loved most of the products, I got all of the ones she used on me. (All photos are from the Cover FX website. I will use my own photos once I give a full review.)

This eye primer gives a cooling and smoothing effect which I noticed straight after she applied it on me. I also noticed that when she applied foundation over this (I'll explain later) it didn't crease or display any fine lines.

There's a primer for each skin type, but she used the one with SPF 50 because I had hyper-pigmentation and my skin was sensitive to the sun. It's a brightening primer and it's supposed to improve your skin in the long run. I've yet to see results in terms of that, but in terms of 'priming' it worked really well. I always found primers unnecessary due to my laziness, but this one I can't seem to go without.

This is the foundation she used on me. I am the shade E80 (similiar to MAC's NC 40). It worked SUPER great. I saw immediate complete coverage and I didn't even need a concealer! I would definitely repurchase this and it is the best foundation I've used to far. This is the highest coverage foundation the brand has. It also has a sponge included in the compact, but I didn't find the application to look as good as when applied with a brush.

This is the brush she used on me along with the foundation. I loved it. I love to use it with primer and moisturizer as well (I bought 2 of them) and I find that it applied any foundation I paired it with so beautifully. The bristles aren't flimzy and pack on the foundation well.

The blush applied on me was Golden Peach. It's a beautiful peachy bronzy color with subtle gold shimmer and completely transforms the face from 'blah' to 'wow'. She asked if I wanted a more brown-toned bronzer/blush, but this one caught my eye. It's extremely similiar to NARS's 'Orgasm' but it's a bit more natural looking and sculpts/contours beautifully even though it is a bit more peachy than bronze.
If you guys have a Cover FX near you, you should definitely take my word and check it out. If you don't, here's the link to their website where you can browse the products and order online. They use way less harsh chemicals than any other brand, and they like to incorporate natural elements into their products so that with time, they actually improve the condition of the skin. Hope you guys found this useful!

9 comments:

  1. This looks really exciting as I have never used Cover FX before :) May have to check it out soon. Great post :)
    Claire x
    stylishbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, great makeup! I have to say I am pretty jealous because my foundation is almost gone, and there are not many brands here =) You must've had a great time!
    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky
    I adore Cover FX make up, it looks and sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of it before, but I'll definetely have a look online :) Thanks for the tip off!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great products :) Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Istanbul is such an amazing city :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I need some more foundation, I'll have to investigate Cover FX in more detail :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of these products before, but they sound really lovely!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. so thank you so much honey ;)
    followed you back <3<3

    saphira-t


    ReplyDelete